My app is having problems. What should I do?
Updated by Genius Community Manager
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the Genius App, please try the following.
App Login issues
If you are unable to log into your Genius app and you have an active subscription, try the following steps to regain access to your account:
- Uninstall the app from your device and install it again. Make sure you have the most up to date version of the app. Then log in with your email and password. You need to have your app updated always with the latest version.
- Try restarting your device before logging back into the app.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Still unable to log in? Contact the customer support team.
App Login issues related to password
If you are unable to log in to the app because you cannot remember your password, please change your password by taking the following steps:
- Open the app.
- Click Forgot Password.
- Enter your app login email account and click Reset Password.
- An email will be sent to your email account with a link to choose your new password.
- Once you’ve set your new password, you will be able to log into the app with your new password.
- If you’re still experiencing technical issues, make sure you are connected to the internet.
App Login issues related to Membership
If your membership is no longer active, you will not be able to log into the app.
However, if you are an active member who did not cancel your membership, please confirm the following:
- Your last membership payment was charged successfully to your credit card or Paypal account.
- If you do not see a charge in your records for your last membership payment, call your credit card provider to ensure there are no issues with your card.
- If you wish to change your payment method and for all other issues, please contact the customer support team.
App Video play issues
If you are unable to play videos inside the app, please check the following:
- Make sure you have a good internet connection and you are online.
- Switch between wifi and mobile data and try watching the video.
- If you have downloaded a video, disconnect from the internet and go offline. If you’re then able to play the video offline, you may be experiencing internet issues. If you’re still unable to watch the video offline, please contact the customer support team for help.
Meditation Streak issues
Meditation streaks are increased by 1 every day when you meditate at least once daily. If you are experiencing issues your Meditation Streaks, please check the following:
- You have a good internet connection and are connected to the internet.
- Make sure the full meditation plays through so your app knows you have completed the meditation. Skipping forward in any way may cause the app to not count your meditation.
- If you do not meditate by midnight each day, your Meditations Streaks will automatically reset to zero and start over.
Any other issues
Click 'Contact Support' in the top menu and fill out the form. You will be asked to provide the following information to help us diagnose the problem and provide a solution quickly:
- Your app login email address
- Your app login password
- Your full name
- Your country of residence
- Your device type and model specs. You can find this information in your device settings.
- The mobile operating system version you are currently using. (For example: iOS 14, Android 9, etc). You can find this information in your device settings.
Our support team is happy to resolve your issues as quickly as possible!